Who We Are
Giving Smiles is a volunteer-supported, 501(c)(3) non-profit charity providing high quality dental services to residents of Middle Tennessee who have limited resources and barriers to accessing dental care.
- We provide services with a mobile dental clinic van, and a three chair dental office for patients requiring longer procedures.
- We provide some dental care for free or charge patients based on a sliding fee scale to determine their contribution.
- Dentists give their time and service and receive no compensation. However dentistry is expensive, and we depend on the generosity of donors and volunteers to fill the gaps in costs.
Most of our patients come to us with hurting or missing teeth, broken fillings, and a story about why they cannot afford the high cost of dental care.
For the uninsured, working poor families, the recently homeless, the local musician without a steady paycheck, and those with limited resources we are here to help.
Giving Smiles Dentistry
- Single moms working low paying jobs with no benefits
- Men and women ashamed to smile because of their teeth
- Women at domestic violence centers
- Patients missing a front tooth trying to find a job
- Uninsured musicians who cannot afford the cost of a dentist
- Cancer patients with who need infected and broken teeth removed before they can receive life saving radiation and chemotherapy
- Patients needing dental work before they can become eligible for a life saving organ transplant or heart surgery
- Patients with few teeth who never dreamed they could have a denture because of the cost
- Patients who could not recall a time in their lives when their teeth did not hurt and they couldn’t afford dental care
- Homeless living in a cars, tents and shelters
- Patients without enough to feed their families and need to go to food pantries